Or maybe the appropriate allusion would be to Ricky Nelson's Travelin' Man....
I got a new car on July 23. I've put 5,000 miles on it since then. My itinerary this week and next is one reason why:
- Yesterday: to Youngstown to visit three inmates at the correctional center the Feds have there
- Today: to Richland for an oral argument in a case in the 5th District
- Tomorrow: To Columbus to give a seminar session on blogging; will stop in at Richland Correctional to see a client there, who I would have seen this morning if I hadn't screwed up the fax to the institution
- Next Tuesday: To Columbus again, this time for an oral argument in the 10th District. Will stop in at the Correctional Reception Center after that to see another client
- Next Wednesday: Back to Youngstown, and then to Trumbull Correctional to see another client. In either order.
This is my roundabout way of telling you that I'm not going to have the post on the oral argument in the Supreme Court case on Monday about whether a police officer's mistake of law voids a search. Today, anyway. I might have it tomorrow, or I might talk about the seminar on blogging or how I'd change the criminal law if they put me in charge of doing that, a scenario which I frequently entertain, but which admittedly seems unlikely. If so, I'll do the post on the Supreme Court case next week.